Below you’ll find a video discussion that’s a part of our new series discussing the Padgett Messages.
I really enjoyed this chat between Jesus and I. We talk about the message received from Joseph Salyards on 3rd May, 1915.
If you would like to read along with the Padgett Message as you watch the video, click here. The message will open in the next tab of your web browser.
In this talk we touched on many of God’s Laws and I fess up about my rebellion at one of the most important Laws to understand while on earth.
As a self-confessed rebel, coming to love God’s Laws has been a drawn out process for me. Lately however no-one is more surprised than me that exploring, discussing and experimenting with individual Laws is developing into a sort of personal love-affair.
OK – its more truthful to say that I’m falling in love with most Laws… my inner rebel is still complaining about some of them. I can say however that I’m beginning to experience the power of honouring Law in my life (look out for a ‘Jesus Quotes” post coming up on this topic). It turns out that obeying God’s Law is actually liberating, not restricting. Who knew? 🙂
After this discussion I had the idea to offer you a self-reflection exercise. I completed it myself and thought you might be interested!
Personal Reflection Activity:
Here is a list of movies that demonstrate characters who encounter the Law of Compensation.
Seven Pounds (2008)
Director: Gabriele Muccino
Stars: Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, Woody Harrelson
The Machinist (2004)
Director: Brad Anderson
Stars: Christian Bale, Jennifer Jason Leigh
Director: Alejandro Monteverde
Stars: Eduardo Verástegui, Tammy Blanchard, Manny Perez
Prayers for Bobby (TV Movie – 2009)
Directer: Russell Mulcahy
Stars: Sigourney Weaver
Everybody’s Fine (2009)
Director: Kirk Jones
Stars: Robert De Niro, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale
Developing Self- Awareness Questions:
As you watch or re-watch these movies notice your reactions:
- Did you ‘recognize yourself’ in any of the characters? For example have you had common feelings, attitudes, or experienced similar events to anyone in the movie?
- Without analyzing too much with your intellect – Do you feel that the main characters in this movie did the ‘right thing’? If you do, what actions did they take that you agree with? Would you, or have you taken similar actions? If you don’t agree with the actions of the main character/s, why not?
- If you have seen any of the movies before, have you previously considered that they each demonstrate a person encountering the Law of Compensation? Did you feel that the behaviour of the characters displayed repentance? Did you feel the actions of the main character were noble and just?
I found it most powerful to simply let myself feel my response to this first set of questions. My emotional reactions tell me most about where my soul is at in terms of fully understanding the principles of Divine Love and Truth involved.
Later on I came back to use my intellect to analyze where my injuries are still showing through. For example, as I watch the movie I might emotionally identify the sacrifice and hiding of truth of certain characters with them being loving and honourable. Its great to let myself feel that.
When I come back and analyze that reaction intellectually I can see that its a false belief in my soul that will effect my relationship with God, and ability to truly love others. I wouldn’t have learnt that if I’d only analyzed the movie intellectually and with a view to getting the answer ‘right’. These first questions were designed to help me self-reflect and learn about myself – so by definition the only ‘right’ answers were honest answers.
The second lot of questions (below) helped me to see what I really understand and believe the Laws of Compensation and Repentance/ Forgiveness to be.
- How did the main characters in the movie begin to encounter the Law of Compensation? What happened? How did they feel? How was the Law beginning to work upon their soul?
- How do the characters respond when they start to feel the effects of the Law of Compensation?
- Which characters fight the Law when it begins to act on them?
- Did any character move from experiencing the Law of Compensation, into a process of repentance?
- Reflecting upon your knowledge of God’s Laws and Love, and the true nature of the human soul, do you feel the main character developed or degraded their soul condition through the events portrayed in the movie?
- If you feel that the main character developed in love, did they do this via engaging the principles of the Natural Love or the Divine Love Path?
I hope you enjoy the self-reflection exercise if you choose to do it.
If I’m super organized I’ll do a follow-up post, summarizing my observations and reflections about each movie in relation to the Laws of Compensation, Repentance & Forgiveness.
Have a great day everyone! We’re in Kyabra for the week and it’s great to see how all the projects from last year’s Summerfest are going.